The K D Plastering Services team have many years experience in the art of rendering jobs from refurbishment to existing render to large new build projects. You can be sure that whatever the project you are undertaking, having K D Plastering Services as you contractor for rendering in Bristol, or anywhere in South West you are in safe hands.
Rendering in Bristol has come a long way in the last few years with more modern methods of application such as using a machine to spray the plaster on.
Coloured Renders (k Rend)
A popular product which we apply 1000’s of m2 to residential and commercial buildings each year. K Rend is a through coloured render – therefore no painting is required. K Rend is also highly waterproof as it has silicone properties. Being a breathable render it can also help solve damp problems in properties which have no cavity or condensation problems. We are recommended applicators of K Rend.
There are also other options for a through coloured render such as Weber, Parex, STO and S.A.S.
If you are interested in having your property rendered give us a call or use our contact us page. One of our friendly rendering team will be happy to arrange a free site visit to discuss colours, costs and the best system for your property and budget.
We also have samples small and large, colour test panels can also be applied on site.
Thin Coat Renders
Thin-coat acrylic and silicone renders are especially suitable for larger projects, and due to their flexible properties are ideal for refurbishment projects with existing surface cracking. The specialist render composition allows application to brick, block, concrete formwork, and even timber framed buildings.
Colours can be blended to order and the render is available in a range of finishes and aggregate sizes. Thin coat renders also have unique “self cleaning” properties which make them very low maintenance.
External wall insulation (EWI)
External wall insulation has become a proven way to cut down on heating bills and reduce carbon emissions in the UK as a lot of Britain’s homes are of solid wall construction. Any home owner of a solid wall property can benefit from the installation of an EWI system. Not only does having the External Wall Insulation system help in reducing heating bills, but it will also dramatically improve the appearance and kerb appeal of the property.
The Rendering Process
What can you expect if you decide to contract K D Plastering Services for rendering your Bristol home?
- Depending on access to the site or property a scaffolding may need to be erected to apply the render.
- Prior to any works commencing all windows are protected with a special film, or if necessary plywood. The surrounding work area will also to be protected.
- Removal of existing render can then take place – we always recommend removing any existing render as the new rendering will only be as good as its base.
- Any necessary repairs are carried out to the underlying surface which is then sealed.
- An appropriate base coat will then be applied and given adequate drying time.
- UPVC beads are installed around openings and where the render stops. Once the base coat is fully dried the top coat of render can be applied.
- If old down-pipes were in a bad state new down-pipes and soil stack will be installed.
- On completion all windows doors and the surrounding work area will be left clean and tidy.
Contact K D Plastering Services
We use the very latest render systems and can provide you with a full 10 year warranty on all of our products and systems.
The systems that we use have been tried and tested by over 90% of the national property builders who want something that not only looks good but is low maintenance and will not need painting later on. The products we use look better, endure longer and are crack-resistant. Be it commercial, residential, new build or refurbishment rendering in Bristol we at K D Plastering Services have a solution together with a system that will be exactly suited to your individual project, whatever it may be!